Buffing Mages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickMyTofu

Jan 28, 2020
I had finally had the chance to speak to dreaM in regards to his insight, and thought process of recent updates and changes regarding leveling as a mage.
As you may all know, the main reason why any has a mage is to mule and farm money for their dps., this has been true since days of old. However there is no viability for mages in the grand scheme of things when it comes to expeditions, outside of bishops who are holy shield and dispel dumps.
dreaM said:
i plan to bring back wheel limits in the harder expeditions. this could bring more value to bishops
This would make bucc / bishop combo viable again.

We later went on to discuss more in depth why the current changes were made:
dreaM said:
1) future hene etc was designed in post-bb so FMA (Full Map Attack) had cd hence why there are safe zones in every map so you can literally stand in 1 spot and hit 3 platforms all day and not spend pots. the server has always been about promoting party and activeness. even ghost ship maps had spawn positions altered in the past so you couldnt just stand on the stairs

2) we applied elemental changes to the mobs in knight stronghold because mages were too overpowered with very limited item(s) (elemental wand) and could level over 10 times within a day at lv 200+

3) as of now, a mage grinding in shaolin temple gains more EPM than attackers at KSH

4) the changes were to promote a viable luk build with reverse/timeless gear if you want to take on the new mobs and excel in grinding. most builds are just 1 elemental wand or doomsday staff. of course now, attackers are levelling at a faster pace because they have spent billions on gear and are able to keep up

the timeless revamp was done so that it would be a significant upgrade from its reverse counterpart. you will be much stronger. im expecting to made further buffs to the timeless staff/wand as i plan to add elemental staff to the server. with this, it can be expected that players that do choose to go down that path, they will be able to grind in the new regions efficiently

My main concerns with this would be that let's say weapons / equipment were to be re-worked and "new options" open up; Even fully buffed with pots etc, at a staggering 1700~1800 TMA I can barely hit 40k's on the new knights district ~ hall mobs currently. the amount of total magic attack you would need to mitigate the magic resist on those mobs would be astronomical which would increase the power creep even further. One solution I insist must be implemented is reducing the magic resistance on the mobs. Unfortunately dreaM remains firm on keeping this intact.

As for monks still being the most optimal route to go vs HoH... This is completely false, as a leecher with a full party buffs etc. and 2 people attacking you can achieve the same amount if not more experience per minute at HoH than the same set up at monks actively attacking. Monks have net me around 3.4m EPM vs 3.5~4m EPM leech at HoH just sitting there. Active play only increases the amount of exp gained at HoH.

The timeless revamp is just going to be another road block for the mid game (140~200) with players stuck on just farming and buying the mats / equipment from DPS classes who will out pace them still. I know there are a handful of you (I being one of those believers) that believe that adding multi-line damage to set mage skills are the best route to resolve this, but if you look at all others who have used this format for balance, this just becomes more alluring for solo-play which is a different play-style from what dreaM is trying to cultivate.

dreaM did go on to confirm that mages were next to be updated and reworked, so I do look forward to it, I would like to hear what everyone else thinks, these are just ramblings that I had.

chunkie

Mar 26, 2020
c: cloud
I had finally had the chance to speak to dreaM in regards to his insight, and thought process of recent updates and changes regarding leveling as a mage.
As you may all know, the main reason why any has a mage is to mule and farm money for their dps., this has been true since days of old. However there is no viability for mages in the grand scheme of things when it comes to expeditions, outside of bishops who are holy shield and dispel dumps.

This would make bucc / bishop combo viable again.

We later went on to discuss more in depth why the current changes were made:

My main concerns with this would be that let's say weapons / equipment were to be re-worked and "new options" open up; Even fully buffed with pots etc, at a staggering 1700~1800 TMA I can barely hit 40k's on the new knights district ~ hall mobs currently. the amount of total magic attack you would need to mitigate the magic resist on those mobs would be astronomical which would increase the power creep even further. One solution I insist must be implemented is reducing the magic resistance on the mobs. Unfortunately dreaM remains firm on keeping this intact.

As for monks still being the most optimal route to go vs HoH... This is completely false, as a leecher with a full party buffs etc. and 2 people attacking you can achieve the same amount if not more experience per minute at HoH than the same set up at monks actively attacking. Monks have net me around 3.4m EPM vs 3.5~4m EPM leech at HoH just sitting there. Active play only increases the amount of exp gained at HoH.

The timeless revamp is just going to be another road block for the mid game (140~200) with players stuck on just farming and buying the mats / equipment from DPS classes who will out pace them still. I know there are a handful of you (I being one of those believers) that believe that adding multi-line damage to set mage skills are the best route to resolve this, but if you look at all others who have used this format for balance, this just becomes more alluring for solo-play which is a different play-style from what dreaM is trying to cultivate.

dreaM did go on to confirm that mages were next to be updated and reworked, so I do look forward to it, I would like to hear what everyone else thinks, these are just ramblings that I had.

Mages are NOT JUST SUPPORT DUMPS! : ' D 2020 LOVE MAGES AGAIN! +1 nice post

waiting

Jun 18, 2019
I'd like to chime in on this

3) as of now, a mage grinding in shaolin temple gains more EPM than attackers at KSH
which is completely false; I only ever managed 600m EPH tops 2 hitting with 2x and tcing with full focus with my bishop at shaolin 56, whereas even my bm solo with hs and 3 leechers in kc4 reaches 900m EPH. Endgame geared attackers are reaching as high as 1.8b EPH in armory 2 with another actively attacking party member.

Reactions: LickMyTofu
Status
Not open for further replies.