Mob skill usage and cooldowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

May 3, 2020
Relatively minor issue but I don't recall this being an intended feature.

It seems like certain mob attacks (zak stun, zak 1/1, Crocell stun for example) never go on cooldown, leading to these attacks being used over and over again. Furthermore, it seems like getting hit by status attacks while affected by the same status will refresh the effect continuously.

While neither is necessarily game-breaking, it does lead to a somewhat frustrating experience as the continuous skill usage sometimes results in a pseudo-permastun.

As such, I suggest two changes to how mob skills work:
- certain mob skills only are used every X seconds with a cooldown in between uses.
- getting hit by a status-inflicting attack while under the effect of said status results in immunity from that status for the duration of the skill. Ex. getting hit by another stun 4 seconds into a 5-second stun means the first stun will finish and at which point you would be immune for another 5 seconds.

All in all, I think this would lead to a more pain-free experience overall but especially playing a character with either low range or low mobility.

Last edited:

bendd221

May 10, 2020
I have noticed the same effect on the andras questline, when entering the dungeon on sleepywood to fight the final boss (where you farm the gloves) you just can get closer to it unless you time your abilities perfectly to avoid his stun

I literally just stood for like 2 minutes trying to approach the boss.

Also, neocity questline has some similar features, and for some reason, after spamming those skills for a full minute, the mob suddenly stopped attacking at all, no skills or anything.

Ill try to get some sort of a record of it.

KyleXY

Apr 6, 2020
It's the same on every server I ever played, Zakum's first body doesn't do those kind of skills that oftan but it does it more frequently in body 2 and especialy body 3.
Andras / Crocell are the same aswell, you either be able to kill them fast before the mass stuns or you just suffers.

jeen

May 15, 2020
As this is an unintended feature of the game, I agree that it should be looked at. I don't think that just because it is like these on some other servers (and I have played some where this issue was actually fixed), we can't take a look at it and improve the gameplay for everyone regarding an issue that wasn't meant to be there in the first place. Suffering from something that shouldn't even exist seems like it would turn off players from wanting to boss or play the game.

dreaM

Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Apr 30, 2019
Let's start with understanding that each mob skill have levels, just like players.

Each level is unique and it's cooldown, duration, number of players affected etc. can vary.

Relatively minor issue but I don't recall this being an intended feature.
How mob skills work are very much intended by Nexon to deliver a level of difficulty to the game; otherwise you'd just be attacking different mushroom look-a-likes.

It seems like certain mob attacks (zak stun, zak 1/1, Crocell stun for example) never go on cooldown, leading to these attacks being used over and over again.
In the example of Crocell, it's primary attack delivers a stun skill of level 16. This skill has a 1 second cooldown, 2 second duration and 90% proc. The mob was designed to do what is it doing - be a pain in the ass.

- certain mob skills only are used every X seconds with a cooldown in between uses.
ALL skills have a cooldown and it isn't possible for the mob to bypass such a cooldown. I have tested this to confirm.

getting hit by a status-inflicting attack while under the effect of said status results in immunity from that status for the duration of the skill. Ex. getting hit by another stun 4 seconds into a 5-second stun means the first stun will finish and at which point you would be immune for another 5 seconds.
It is absolutely impossible to be inflicted by the same debuff or have your debuff "refreshed" whilst currently under the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.