New here, need some clarifications.

Daniel

Jun 16, 2019
Hello. :)
My name is Daniel as you probably assumed(i hope so at least..) and I need some clarifications.
1.) Didn't quite understand your HP Wash mechanism, you said every zak run I'll get the chance so it means only if I'll kill him I'll get 45% to drop the scroll? and the scroll itself got 40% to work? so if I get a scroll and I succeed 5 times in a row I'll get 1000 HP per success(for a warrior)?
2.) didn't play MS for at least 6 years so I need some explanation on which level can I start to kill zak and must I have a party(cuz I saw the number of people logged in avg is:70+ so I assume it will be hard to find a party here for now)?
3.)I'm not gonna HP Wash it's just not the type of things I'll do. so I disqualified most of the old school PS(not gonna play the advanced ones, it's not the ms I knew) and the only PS I found with a reasonable HP wash system is way too high on his EXP, DROP, etc. So you're by far more reasonable choice for me, but I need to understand the HP wash system first.
4.)How much this server exists cuz I saw in the description that he's fresh out of beta so it may close soon? I'm one of those players who want to play for the long run not for 5-6 months and then all my work will just go distinct, can you tell me if you got plans to keep this server going for the long run and how you gonna advance updates wise from here?
5.) Where does the server located?
Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day. :)

dreaM

Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Apr 30, 2019
Welcome, Daniel!

1.) Didn't quite understand your HP Wash mechanism, you said every zak run I'll get the chance so it means only if I'll kill him I'll get 45% to drop the scroll? and the scroll itself got 40% to work? so if I get a scroll and I succeed 5 times in a row I'll get 1000 HP per success(for a warrior)?
That's correct. Those figures are 50% now, following the recent patch. As a warrior you'll gain a total of 5000 HP after 5 successful scrolls. This is to prepare you for Horntail. We intend to have Horntail drop a similar scroll for players to take on the next boss and so forth.

2.) didn't play MS for at least 6 years so I need some explanation on which level can I start to kill zak and must I have a party(cuz I saw the number of people logged in avg is:70+ so I assume it will be hard to find a party here for now)?
The level requirement to fight bosses here is level 120 as we don't believe players should be within the squad if they cannot participate in any way. Currently there are 2 or 3 squads that are able to slay Zakum. My advice is apply to join for a guild here as they will provide you with support and much more.

3.)I'm not gonna HP Wash it's just not the type of things I'll do. so I disqualified most of the old school PS(not gonna play the advanced ones, it's not the ms I knew) and the only PS I found with a reasonable HP wash system is way too high on his EXP, DROP, etc. So you're by far more reasonable choice for me, but I need to understand the HP wash system first.
You won't need to worry about HP Washing in order to progress. In fact, we have it disabled. Just choose a class that you enjoy playing and you're set.

4.)How much this server exists cuz I saw in the description that he's fresh out of beta so it may close soon? I'm one of those players who want to play for the long run not for 5-6 months and then all my work will just go distinct, can you tell me if you got plans to keep this server going for the long run and how you gonna advance updates wise from here?
The server went out of beta and wiped in March. What you are seeing now is the launched server. You can expect us to stick around for a while. We have an active development, constantly fixing bugs and implementing suggestions. We have no intentions of moving away from v83 but you can expect to see some content added from different regions.

5.) Where does the server located?
As of today, the server is located in USA. This may change in the future.

Daniel

Jun 16, 2019
Welcome, Daniel!

That's correct. Those figures are 50% now, following the recent patch. As a warrior you'll gain a total of 5000 HP after 5 successful scrolls. This is to prepare you for Horntail. We intend to have Horntail drop a similar scroll for players to take on the next boss and so forth.

The level requirement to fight bosses here is level 120 as we don't believe players should be within the squad if they cannot participate in any way. Currently there are 2 or 3 squads that are able to slay Zakum. My advice is apply to join for a guild here as they will provide you with support and much more.

You won't need to worry about HP Washing in order to progress. In fact, we have it disabled. Just choose a class that you enjoy playing and you're set.

The server went out of beta and wiped in March. What you are seeing now is the launched server. You can expect us to stick around for a while. We have an active development, constantly fixing bugs and implementing suggestions. We have no intentions of moving away from v83 but you can expect to see some content added from different regions.

Ok so let me get it straight, the max times I can get the scroll to succeed is 5 times, after that, I can't get it from a drop any more until you'll update the horntail one? or it was just an example and I can get her to succeed as many times as I want even to get my self to 30K hp?
and is the server drop rate is reasonable to start my first character a 4 DEX DK already because the mesos, exp and drop rate(Couldn't think of a better man to ask that, then the hard coder himself :))?
Thank you for your reply, I will try to join the guild as you told me.

fish

Staff member
May 1, 2019
Ok so let me get it straight, the max times I can get the scroll to succeed is 5 times, after that, I can't get it from a drop any more until you'll update the horntail one? or it was just an example and I can get her to succeed as many times as I want even to get my self to 30K hp?
and is the server drop rate is reasonable to start my first character a 4 DEX DK already because the mesos, exp and drop rate(Couldn't think of a better man to ask that, then the hard coder himself :))?
Thank you for your reply, I will try to join the guild as you told me.
5 times is the maximum, you wont get the scroll once you have passed all 5 times.

i cant really comment on starting with 4 dex straight but i guess the 'missing monsters' route is always there

Daniel

Jun 16, 2019
5 times is the maximum, you wont get the scroll once you have passed all 5 times.

i cant really comment on starting with 4 dex straight but i guess the 'missing monsters' route is always there
Ok got you. :)
What's the average time in your opinion to get to lvl 200 or 250 dk the level cap here in thia version of ns with the 4x exp.(with arch mage i\l or dk for example).
Thank you for your reply.

fish

Staff member
May 1, 2019
Ok got you. :)
What's the average time in your opinion to get to lvl 200 or 250 dk the level cap here in thia version of ns with the 4x exp.(with arch mage i\l or dk for example).
Thank you for your reply.
IMO 3 months?

akashsky

Jun 6, 2019
I am not too much of an expert here, but I have never seen private servers hosted in the USA last long due to legal reasons. Most of the private servers that have been around for a while are hosted outside of the united states. Something may have changed in terms of copyright laws, so maybe it is okay to host in the USA now - though I would strongly recommend looking into it if you have not already.

dreaM

Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Apr 30, 2019
I am not too much of an expert here, but I have never seen private servers hosted in the USA last long due to legal reasons. Most of the private servers that have been around for a while are hosted outside of the united states. Something may have changed in terms of copyright laws, so maybe it is okay to host in the USA now - though I would strongly recommend looking into it if you have not already.
This topic has been brought up before amongst staff. Changing host is on our to-do-list.

Moving this to General Discussion.

Woonstruck

Nov 27, 2019
This topic has been brought up before amongst staff. Changing host is on our to-do-list.

Moving this to General Discussion.
You just convinced me to play your server.

I wasn't gunna play if there weren't any plans to switch hosts, since the inevitable USA shutdown makes it pretty much a guaranteed waste of time.

Ty for the info, and gl with the switch!