Thoughts about catching up as a new player.

bendd221

May 10, 2020
Hello guys!
My name is ben, ingame name is SkyNess and I have been playing for the last two days now, and i have found that the lack of players and people to run pqs with paired with the fact that most people that are active already reached the endgame, or atleast the point where you can start doing expeditions and level up through bosses and party grinding.

Now obviously, lack of community and players is a major factor that slows down early to mid game progress, but that creates a paradox where the lack of players slows down early leveling massively, which leads to players leaving, which then leads to lack of community.

paired with the fact that party grinding is massively encouraged and cannot be used by solo players like me(atleast for the current moment) makes that situation so weird.

Now, I dont have a clear suggestion to make and thats why im putting it up on general discussion, because I wonder what other people think about that issue.

I must state that I love all the points this server addressed, party playing and anti leeching is one of my most important points that I hate about other old msps, hp washing is also an horrible abuse and this server out of all the rest, actually is open to address end game content such as pink bean and maybe more in the future?

But reaching there alone, in a server that is all about party play feels mundane and annoying.

Ill probably keep on playing, trying to reach the endgame on my own, but Im sure that specific thing drives atleast some of the community away.
Anyone has any ideas for maybe more early to mid game content?
idk, honestly, whats your opinions?

waiting

Jun 18, 2019
I think that the lack of a low level community is a symptom of players reaching endgame too quickly.

If a new player is willing to create mages, play efficiently and acquire the resources necessary to progress quickly, they will spend very little time in the low levels (<170). Many new players have done this and are already participating in endgame bosses within 1-2 months of starting. However if they opt not to do these things, their levelling speed and general progress is greatly slowed and macro inefficient.

Personally, I have everything I need to level any new character I want in the fastest way possible, and it will basically involve zero interaction (solo-leech or taking your low level character into unusually high levelled training spots with attack potions, buffs and 2x EXP cough windraiders at level 40) with any players levelling up in the 1-120 range. As a result, veteran players like myself who want to level new alts won't really play much with actual low levelled new players because we have the resources to do it in a much quicker way than partying or PQing with other players.

The points raised by the OP are entirely valid in that a new player's solo experience is quite poor here due to lack of fun content. The lack of a low-level community also generally forces new players who want party up into making mages and solo self-leech/self-PQ-leeching because there are not much viable alternatives for the player who desires low-level group content.

chunkie

Mar 26, 2020
c: cloud
*cough* lets get some feedback on my bosspq suggestion : ' )
Personally, I have everything I need to level any new character I want in the fastest way possible, and it will basically involve zero interaction (solo-leech or taking your low level character into unusually high levelled training spots with attack potions, buffs and 2x EXP cough windraiders at level 40) with any players levelling up in the 1-120 range. As a result, veteran players like myself who want to level new alts won't really play much with actual low levelled new players because we have the resources to do it in a much quicker way than partying or PQing with other players.
that was well said and just facts ~

as far as catching up,, early on at least you should manage fine solo for the most part up until lv60 about.. you should be able to manage finding players around mp3 and ghost ship maps if not i suggest reaching out via world smega. what level are you now?

bendd221

May 10, 2020
I think that the lack of a low level community is a symptom of players reaching endgame too quickly.

If a new player is willing to create mages, play efficiently and acquire the resources necessary to progress quickly, they will spend very little time in the low levels (<170). Many new players have done this and are already participating in endgame bosses within 1-2 months of starting. However if they opt not to do these things, their levelling speed and general progress is greatly slowed and macro inefficient.

The points raised by the OP are entirely valid in that a new player's solo experience is quite poor here due to lack of fun content. The lack of a low-level community also generally forces new players who want party up into making mages and solo self-leech/self-PQ-leeching because there are not much viable alternatives for the player who desires low-level group content.
I completely agree.
Actually, a player helped me rushing EPQ today, his name was Rosa I think?
and it was insanely quick, he 2x exp'd me, and rushed epq like it was nothing.

Unfortunately thats not something I can do myself, and honestly? leveling up a mage solely to progress a second character is just plain bad game design.

But as far as I have seen, the admin actually develops the game with feedback from the players, and is open to suggestions.

I just dont have any valid ones that wont make the mid game insanely easy.

I think the "leeching with mage to level up a second character" should be possible if you would like to actually grind two characters, but the game should also address the solo player's experience just a bit, atleast until more community will show up and actually party up.

Reactions: chunkie

bendd221

May 10, 2020
*cough* lets get some feedback on my bosspq suggestion : ' )

that was well said and just facts ~

as far as catching up,, early on at least you should manage fine solo for the most part up until lv60 about.. you should be able to manage finding players around mp3 and ghost ship maps if not i suggest reaching out via world smega. what level are you now?
I didnt notice the blue text lmao.
Im level 53 right now I think, trying to level up and get some irl friends to join me.
The problem is that they all started at the most famous msps right now (i dont know if I can mention names here), and as mush as i love playing with them, I hate how that one is handling leechers, party play and endgame content.

Currently 121 there and im still playing with them, but knowing how the game is designed there just hurts me.

Honestly, I surfed gtop100 ONLY to find this type of server.

Reactions: chunkie

chunkie

Mar 26, 2020
c: cloud
I didnt notice the blue text lmao.
ive taken this in consideration and will no longer be using colored txt although it adds :' ) color to my life

I think i ran into you in game-- you seem to be quite determined and im sure you will find getting through the early game stages fine. as with anything to gain any sort of progress the key is to remain consistent.

going back to making a suggestion for early game ease im not sure theres much to add really, i think it might just boil down to the fact that the low level community is thin. if you stick to the main quests and your job quests you should make it out fine.

rogerbrown

Contributor
May 16, 2019
My suggestion is to add some low lv content like Nett's Pyramid Party Quest,
which also benefits end game players with introduce of
The immortal Pharaoh belt.

813 814

With that it would help solo low level players and those who missed Halloween/summer events.

It is a little buff for low level, but they gona stuck once again at around lv 60+?
Maybe could change it to Easy: Level 40-60 / Normal: 50-80 / Hard: 70-120 / Hell: 50-250 and scale exp ?
Main focus is low Level which mostly new players stuck lv30-60, but if can help higher lvs to 120 would be nice too.
idk thats just my thoughts, There always ppl asking where to lv when they are at lv30-50, they go mp3 and get bored lul.

Btw Rosa is my bishop hehe.

bendd221

May 10, 2020
My suggestion is to add some low lv content like Nett's Pyramid Party Quest,
which also benefits end game players with introduce of
The immortal Pharaoh belt.

View attachment 813 View attachment 814

With that it would help solo low level players and those who missed Halloween/summer events.

It is a little buff for low level, but they gona stuck once again at around lv 60+?
Maybe could change it to Easy: Level 40-60 / Normal: 50-80 / Hard: 70-120 / Hell: 50-250 and scale exp ?
Main focus is low Level which mostly new players stuck lv30-60, but if can help higher lvs to 120 would be nice too.
idk thats just my thoughts, There always ppl asking where to lv when they are at lv30-50, they go mp3 and get bored lul.

Btw Rosa is my bishop hehe.
actually I found that level 50 to 64 was kind of weird, but even 70 to 120 sounds kind of a bummer when you are playing in a party encouraged server, but thats just the population issue i guess.
I guess the more content the better!
Right now Im sitting on level 64 and just roaming around doing quests, waiting for someone to PPQ with me or just grind together because its so much more beneficial.